DAY TO DAY
WELCOME TO GATEACRE SCHOOL
I am delighted to welcome all students to our school. Gateacre is a very popular and successful school which serves the needs of a large and varied community. I am very proud of the quality of personal relationships here and the care that is given to all our students. More
Parent Carer Awareness
I write to you on behalf of Liverpool Children's Services and Merseyside Police about the sensitive subject of child sexual exploitation (CSE).
It's déjà vu all over again, as another year rushes towards the exam period and our older students immerse themselves in their forthcoming examinations.
- PE - Athletics 3.30 - 4.20pm
- Music - Orchestra (All years) 3.15 - 4.15pm
- Music - Ukulele Group (All years) 3.15 - 4.15pm
- "Globetrotters" a Year 7 Geography Club from 3.30 - 4pm in A107 with Mr Smith. Exciting Geography activities and help with homework.
- PE - Tricky Taekwondo (Coach) 3.30 - 4.30pm
- PE - Football practice (Year 7) (Mr Jenkins) 3.30 - 4.30pm
- Allotment Club - (All years) 3.15pm - 4.15pm
- Girls football with Little League (Mrs Owens)
- PE - Rounders (all years) 3.30 - 4.20pm
- PE - Everton in the Community (all years) 3.30 - 4.20pm
- PE - 6th Form Football Practice (Year 12+13) (Liam Gibbons) 3.30 - 4.30pm
- PE - Trampolining Club (Mrs Ruddock) 3.30 - 4.30pm
- PE - Badminton Club (Mr Langford) 3.30 - 4.30pm
- Girls football with Everton in the Community (Mrs Owens)
- PE - Basketball Club (Mr Langford and Mr Collins) 3.30 - 4.30pm
- PE - GCSE Revision (Year 11) (Mrs Owens from 17/11/14) 3.30 - 4.30pm
- Music - Choir (Year 7) 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Craft Club - Atrium (All years) 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Staff Football 5-a-side (Mr Gash and his troopers!)
Science Revision Programs
Attention Year 10 V and W Band students! Please see the attached important revision information.
See the Timetable...
Mr Wheatcroft will run a series of workshops based on...
Recently our Year 9 students watched a performance of Chelsea's Choice. More
D Street Media recently performance their latest film/live theatre performance "HELP!" to our Year 8 students. More
Geography class 7Q4 recently visited Loggerheads Country Park in North Wales. More
Everton in the Community
Since the start of October, the PE department created a link with Everton in the Community to run some taster sessions during. More
Fundraising for Nepal
Following the devastating double earthquake in Nepal, Form 7.4 rallied together to raise money and awareness. More
Global Learning Programme
The Geography Department takes the lead at Gateacre School with the Global Learning Programme. More
Project with Woolton Primary
Woolton Primary School have been working with the Geography Department over the last few weeks.
Geography Newsletter - May
Welcome to the Geography Department's newsletter for May. This is now our 3rd edition!
Newsletter - May
Dot Art Winners Announced
Many thanks to all of you who voted for your favourite piece of artwork from our amazing artists in Year 9.
Year 11 Residential Weekend
The Geography Department recently completed a residential revision weekend with Year 11 students at Barnstondale Activity Centre in Cheshire.
The BIG Little Library - CSI Alice
During National Science Week some of our Year 7 and 8 students visited our Big Little Library in Belle Vale shopping centre to take part in a crime scene investigation.
Merseyside Table Tennis Finalists
We are pleased to report that Cameron, Wayne, Joe and James in year 9 represented the school at the County table tennis finals.
Liverpool Schools Plate Competition
Congratulations to the Year 7 boys football team we won the Liverpool Schools Plate Competition!
Year 10 Newsletter
Year 10 have continued to work hard and amaze their teachers.
Recently a group of Sixth Form students were on a Basic Leader Award assessment.
Thanks to everyone's brilliant efforts on Friday, as a school we managed to raise £238.11 for comic relief!